Heathers: Harriet experimenting 2

Harriet experimenting
Experimenting with the pattern but it’s disappointing

After a long time without working on the Heathers patterns I have come back to them! And the Harriet pattern is disappointing so far.

I tried adding in some rings inside the pattern, and they just look messy.

I’ve also experimented with the “donuts” purple inside white, rather than the alternating colours as I did with the first experiment. As you can see with the larger thread… the base of each one looks awkward, and the size of the joins is very variable. This is likely because I am using rings inside the donuts, where most donuts are done with chains. I will need to rethink this pattern.

Graces: Gracie Final Results

Gracie Finished
My pattern Gracie finished result. Part of my 3 Grace patterns created in 2015

A simple border from my inspiration pattern added to the centre from my Florence pattern, and Gracie is an easy pattern I’m very happy with. It’s great when these patterns come together so easily!

Along with Gwen and Gail, this pattern Gracie is available as a 3 pattern pack The Graces at my Etsy site knotshire.etsy.com

Graces: Gail Final Pattern

Gail Finished
Finished pattern Gail completed in 2015 as part of my 3 Graces patterns.

The end results of my work with the Gail pattern, done with thinner size 12 thread. I like the dangling centre, it moves when the snowflake is hanging from a thread and a bit of air movement catches it. Adding one more stitch between each ring on the frame made the pattern come into focus and sit properly.

I’m very happy with this pattern and it is available as part of my Graces pattern at my Etsy site knotshire.etsy.com

Graces: Gwen Final Pattern

Gwen Finished
My pattern Gwen finished. One of my 3 Graces patterns created in 2015.

Final results of my pattern Gwen. This looks like a very easy pattern, but it does use 2 shuttles, and the Josephine Knots require a certain amount of focus I hadn’t expected! It could just be that the thinner thread is more challenging.

I am pleased with the results, and the pattern is included with my 3 Graces pattern on my Etsy store Knotshire.etsy.com

Heathers: Harriet Experimentation

Harriet Experimenting
Experimenting with just the points from the inspiration pattern – with a bit of my own favourite clover added to the tip of the points.

I’m quite pleased with the results of taking the points from the inspiration medallion, adding my own favourite 3-5-3 clover to the tips of the points, and calling it a snowflake!

This pattern came together quite easily. So my drive to get 6 easy snowflake patterns created within about a week has worked! They’ve all seemed to come together logically.