Heathers: Harriet experimenting 2

Harriet experimenting
Experimenting with the pattern but it’s disappointing

After a long time without working on the Heathers patterns I have come back to them! And the Harriet pattern is disappointing so far.

I tried adding in some rings inside the pattern, and they just look messy.

I’ve also experimented with the “donuts” purple inside white, rather than the alternating colours as I did with the first experiment. As you can see with the larger thread… the base of each one looks awkward, and the size of the joins is very variable. This is likely because I am using rings inside the donuts, where most donuts are done with chains. I will need to rethink this pattern.

Heathers: Harriet Experimentation

Harriet Experimenting
Experimenting with just the points from the inspiration pattern – with a bit of my own favourite clover added to the tip of the points.

I’m quite pleased with the results of taking the points from the inspiration medallion, adding my own favourite 3-5-3 clover to the tips of the points, and calling it a snowflake!

This pattern came together quite easily. So my drive to get 6 easy snowflake patterns created within about a week has worked! They’ve all seemed to come together logically.

Heathers: Harriet Inspiration

Harriet Inspiration
This 4 pointed doily from the book Anne Orr Tatting #35 is the inspiration for Harriet

Once again I go to an old tatting pattern book: Anne Orr Tatting #35 for inspiration. I like the points on this four sided medallion. I will experiment with making a six-pointed snowflake from the points I see here.