Chewy and delicious, the molasses added to these cookies make them a dark, sweet favourite.
Ingredients (makes 30 cookies)
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1 egg
- 1 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1 tablespoon fancy molasses
- 1 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Instructions for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Cream butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl. Blend in egg. Stir in vanilla and molasses.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a medium bowl.
Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix well. Add oats and chocolate chips and stir until oats are just covered.
Spoon tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet. Cookies will spread as they bake.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 9 minutes. Cookies are done when they start to brown and loose their shine. Transfer cookies to rack to cool.