Florence: Spacing works, but points are muted

Points have lost their prominence
Spacing problem is solved, but the points have lost their prominence

Snowflake pattern Florence is getting much better. The spacing problem was solved with:

  • reducing the number of stitches in the centre chain
  • increasing the number of stitches on the outer ring chain

The most appealing part of the four-sided pattern that I started with were the well defined points with echo points between them. Unfortunately, they have been muted in this version of my new pattern. The doily is looking unfortunately round. I wanted 6 points that were, well, pointy. And the echo points are a bit too big. So I still have some modifications to make.

I have again used some spare variegated thread that I had on hand to create this iteration of the snowflake pattern because the inspiration thread is also variegated. I used a black & grey variegated thread, the photo is actually in colour. It does not work well to have the variegated thread used for the chains, rather than the rings. I’m glad I used this opportunity to find that out!

Advertisements

Published by

knotshire

My notebook to keep track of my original tatting designs. I sell my tatted lace and the patterns for my original designs on Etsy... oh, and my favourite recipes are here too!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s