Florence: Six sided, but warped

Spacing problems with six points
Spacing problems still need to be worked out, but the pattern is getting into shape

This is my first partially successful attempt to create a six sided tatted snowflake which I will call Florence. It’s still a bit warped, but it is coming along.

The changes I have made from the original four sided pattern so far are:

  • making six points
  • reducing the size of the first, inner row by making the rings smaller
  • reducing the smaller, echo point between major points on the second, outer row down from 3 rings to 1 large one

But as you can see from the photo, more work on spacing is needed. It’s a bit fluted along the edge.

I have used some spare variegated thread that I had on hand to create this iteration of the snowflake pattern because the inspiration thread is also variegated. No, this thread is not very snowy. It’s looks more autumn before the snow falls. But it does demonstrate how this pattern works with variegated thread.

Finishing a six sided snowflake – even if it still needs work – is encouraging for me. I think I will be quite happy with this pattern when all the wrinkles are worked out.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s